Thursday, May 1, 2014

#WE NEED DIVERSE BOOKS CAMPAIGN

When I was growing up, I often wondered why I never saw characters that looked like me in children's books.  I enjoyed reading, so I continued to read every book that were on display in my school's library.  As an adult, I still peruse the children section of my local library.  Even though there are more books with children of color as main characters, we still have a long way to go.  Today, I am happy to participate in a very special campaign designed to bring much needed attention to this important topic!

I am very proud that I've had the opportunity to make a small dent in the need for more diverse books.  I have written two books with black main characters.  My goal is to write more books in the near future!


No comments:

Post a Comment