Saturday, October 22, 2011

FORGIVENESS/MOVING FORWARD



Have you ever fought with your sibling? I think we all have at one point or another.  All healthy relationships will encounter disagreements, but staying angry indefinitely is not the way to handle things. I believe in being honest, but I also think forgiveness and moving forward should be part of the mix.  A few years ago, I wrote a poem expressing my thoughts on the issue of forgiveness and moving forward.  I would like to share this poem with you all.


Brother, sister Oh! How I wish
we were close.  It would be
grandiose if we could have
a nose-to-nose talk like old times.

Brother, sister those days were
simply divine.  Heaven knows
I would do anything to dispose
of those bad blows we have
imposed on each other.

Brother, sister I suppose it will not
be easy to erase our woes, but
as the saying goes in life, we
all have our lows.


Brother, sister I want to say
adios to those bad days, and
I strongly propose that we
move forward to the grandiose
times that we once shared.

I would love to hear your thoughts on how you handled forgiving a sibling and what you did to move forward.

6 comments:

  1. My brother and I quarreled often when we were kids, but those incidents always blew over quickly. Now he's one of my closest friends. I'm sorry some adult siblings still have conflicts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole,
    It seems to me that this poem could apply in a generic way to "brothers" and "sisters" -- those not actually siblings, but children of Mother Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet,
    Thanks for stopping by. I know of some siblings who are still mad at each other. They have not spoken to each other for years. That is truly sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara,

    Thanks for stopping by. Very interesting interpretation of my poem. That is the beauty of art, one is free to interpret it in so many different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've fought with my sister many times before. The good thing about sisters is that we can yell at each other one day and the next we're totally cool.

    Stopping by from the blog hop. I’m a new follower.
    Hope you can check me out at
    thecheesethief.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post and nice blog! I'm happy to let you know that you've been awarded the Liebster Blog Award! Check out my post to learn more:http://www.savvysuburban.com/1/post/2011/10/the-liebster-blog-award.html
    Congratulations!
    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete